For some historical documents shows that the late nineteenth century onwards, the sweet receives several awards, both nationally and internationally:
• 1906 Silver Medal at the International Exhibition in Milan
• 1907 Silver Medal of the Ministry of Agriculture, Industry and Commerce
• 1909 Gold Medal with diploma of honor at the International Exhibition of Paris
• 1910 Diploma of Honour and Grand Cross of Merit
• 1910 Diploma and Gold Medal Cremona
The cake is strongly linked to the tradition of Modigliana, so that in time are different families and ovens that during the holiday season we propose a variant staff.
The advantage of this cake is to be an absolutely artisan; there is no trace in any cookbook Romagna, but has always been passed down orally from generation to generation, until you get to Mauritius Mortani.
"The recipe does not exist in writing, is handed down orally. I have learned from the last holder, dear friend of my maternal grandparents. It 'so I decided to resume the production of handmade and make known this specialty beyond villagers "(M.Mortani).